Skip to main content

Pirouettes


I'm not playing it safe any more.

I'm gonna take it right to the edge.

And do pirouettes.

- What are you talking about?

Pirouettes, you dumb fuck.

And if I fall,
well, so be it.

You know. Who gives a shit?



"Oliver Platt in Funny Bones" and so I have, pirouettes baby, I woke from a dream, and I was shaved clean, my face that is, and there were tattoos creeping up onto my face from my neck. This is the first dream I remember in I don't know when, I never remember anything while awake let alone while asleep, a little gift left from too many hard knocks against my head. So after 25 years in this industry I got completely immersed, I have had visible tattoos for quite some time now, but my face, well I always thought I would never go that far, and you know, I just felt it was time, and the dream, though it had no real direction, had an impact. The problem was I just couldn't remember what the shapes were that crept up on my face... and while doing some research for a client I was going through my flip folder, there it was, the onion domes on St Basil's Cathedral on Red Square, that's what they were. So the creation on my face began, and though many daggers have a negative connotation, mine is about letting go those placed in me by people I held in high regard, and of remembering that forgiveness is self love. So with this came what may regarded as an extreme tattoo, for me, I'm out there doing pirouettes






Comments

  1. That's awesome man! Agreed, a big step, but after 25 years in the game you can do whatever you want for whatever reason. Looks like a painful spot, I just shave and I get a rash that hurts. It looks great though. Well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Ava: The Trick to a Pirouette, is the belief that you can suspend gravity.
    From Symi: I can see you defy all previously perceived limitations. They weren't there after all...
    PS - please come for dindins at our place next you're in JBurg? We're 2 streets up from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous story. I think every tattoo has a strange little story behind it, sometimes happy, usually a bit darker. So glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo