Skip to main content

Why??????

I am at a point where I just sometimes feel like is this the best people can be?

I woke the other day to a inbox message on Facebook, from someone I knew in high school at best an acquaintance. The kind of girl that makes you want to be Joe Pesci in the Snickers ad, but you know what I mean, some one you never gave a second thought too. Suddenly they find you on Facebook and you greet each other, befriend each other, but you still don't have much in common.

Then the message went Hi. Milo, I just turned fifty and it's not a midlife crisis, but I thought I would give this tattooing thing a go, can you perhaps tell me what "gun" I should buy, as I may do a course in the new year.
I responded negatively, as one should in this case, which obviously garnered a diatribe of bullshit from this person, directed at my person and character, hey, I am the first to tell you all I'm a first class cunt, as many will attest I'm sure, but after almost 30 years of never giving a fuck about me and my life, you feel you have the right to call on me to ask about this "tattooing Thing" when you can't be bothered to get tattooed, or learn that we don't call our machines "guns" which proves you have spent no time at all in a shop, even as an observant client. You know nothing about us, or our "thing" go back to your little conservative granny life, you can't catch a ride on the lives people like me spent years building, and sacrificing for, just cause you watched some series on the discovery channel. What we do is our passion, not some stab by you at finding your youth.

It got me thinking about my good friend Peter, he keeps saying that his employees are just tourists, and that's it, these people are just that, no living the life, no getting dirty and doing the hard grunt, no, just visiting us like tourists at a fashion show, while we still are fashion, then off to the next "thing".

So that's the bitch, and I'm done with it, now on to nicer things. After returning in early September with the Ducati Desmo Pantah that had been stored for more than twenty years in pieces on the back of the pick up, we are almost ready to finish her up. Nicci and I have been at it in the garage, and swinging spanners, and it's almost there, the paint came in today, and it's spectacular, thanks to Robby at Rustguard Panelbeaters. We went with classic "Gulf" racing colour's and I am really impressed with how cool it's going to look, also cause we need to finish her and get the BMW R100rs done, there is a prospective buyer, but I wanna get it done and do some riding on that beemer myself.

Here are some pics





Cape Town Tattoo Social Club

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo