Skip to main content

Waiter???... Ohhh WAITER!!!

Last night my cool German friends Christian, Salina and I went out for a drink at Hemingway's a bar on the beach rd Lungo Mare, My awesome cousins will remember it clearly, the barman/waiter "Stefano" a guy my age was serving us, its quiet a fancy place with a really plush layout and great air conditioning, something I look for in a place here.... it really is unbearably hot and humid. They lay out snacks with your drinks and it's all very nice, a bit over the top, but it's Hemingway's it should be to live up to such a name....
The first waitress arrived, she is at least 6/5 in flat shoes, and to use Selina's comment "You don't want to fuck her, you want to feed her" lol, if she lifted her arms she would fall through the crack of her ass. She chooses to ignore us completely, Stefano, has decided that he's no longer a waiter, turns on the telly and watches "Oceans Eleven" in Italian..... obviously, but its really funny to hear the voice they have chosen for George Clooney, something we certainly are not able to ignore as he's taken a table and turned it up so loud that we are drowned out by the sound, he's back to us. It doesn't take long for the extended tooth pick, to pick up a laptop from somewhere take a seat next to him and start surfing the net, and with this our service is over..... Unfuckingbelievable!!!!!

2 hours later after dinner we happen to walk past on our way back and in the window, Stefano the twat, and staff sit and play cards, not a sole in the place..... It's not surprising Italy is one of the PIIGS of the Eurozone, a term used for Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain needing bailout to get out of their ever increasing debt.

What the hell, it's summer, and it's beautiful, I got burned a little by the sun, while in the pool on sunday, something I haven't done since I was a kid.....lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italy comes to Town

If "Italy came to town" this weekend, then, it missed the bus. The Italian consulate should be ashamed at charging people to actually just be fed by the average restaurants in and around Cape Town. Seriously the music wasn't even Italian, one vendor actually spoke Italian. I get you want to spread Italian products to a wider audience, but this was disjointed, there were supposed to have been vendors, why am I paying to have Woolworths show their "Italian range" fuck off! Where are those Nonna's making fresh pasta, and great sauses, where is the Nonno with his amazing home grown tomatoes and home cured prosciutto? Security at the entrances was a joke and just stupid and rude, and I am not talking about the young women who manned the entrace, but the security, who could not help having to be pedantic assholes. If this is the face of Italy in SA, shame, just shame, what a waste.

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr...

From a Dark Place.

I was up at 03H30 tis morning, wanting to write something meaningful, something that may have left you with some sort of an impression through your day, all I got was cold and violated by mosquitos. One might say I am content as I am not angrily ranting about something I find offensive,that's what you get from an opinionated people watcher, but I have once again digressed and "content"...I don't understand the meaning of the word and if I did, I may even be content. Whatever it is I just don't feel it, then again I couldn't really say I am malcontent either, though I'm sure you might think so. It always reminds me of these lyrics "It's astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness takes its toll. But listen closely... Not for very much longer. I've got to keep control. I remember doing the time-warp" The clinging onto some sort of perceived life expectancy, and of course I don't mean time but content here, there is that ugly word again, CONT...