Skip to main content

Reach


Went out last night to the Harley Clubhouse again, to See the last local performance of "Lonesome Dave" Dave Ferguson, and being a Geminian ass I get tired of the same band banging out the same songs, as they have a tendency to do, but Dave's creative genius just always shines through, his ability to create on the fly is without doubt one of the most inspiring and entertaining acts I have ever seen, and I've seen some. So to Dave my friend Farewell, fare very well, and I know europe and the world brings you the fame and fortune you deserve.
MissHapp, M's Moore, Ms St Clair, M's Scott and all the others, your efforts did not go unnoticed, in the land of the tight little top and tighter jeans you ladies classed it up, as as usual, it really is nice to see that you keep to your sense of style and sensibilities.
I was approached last night by a friendly woman, I won't mention names, at it really comes down to the crux of todays musings. I'm told that her sister is stuck out on a farm in the back of beyond, and that she often reads my blog, that it cheers her. Something very flattering as you can imagine, and I was at first, but it really has got me thinking, and thinking a lot about how we go out there. Here I mean as we write away at our thoughts and feelings, so self absorbed in us, how much time and thought have you given to who is out there. Now obviously I don't mean we should curb what we say, by no means, but just that what you say is seen and read by many you don't even know, and that what you say is out there. I'm not mister positive, and have a tendency to need venting room but I do want to say, that the point is taken, and that being constructive might be a cliche, but perhaps just not being negative is enough, so to everyone last night thank you very much for an awesome night out.
Man did I get blown away in the shop yesterday..... but thats another story......lol
But right now Im gonna get my groove on and in my boxers and flip flops I'm gonna shake a tail feather to the man..... Otis Redding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo