Skip to main content

Raining

I will not be surprised if most don’t believe this story, had I not witnessed it myself, I probably would not either. There is a house of ill repute in the building on the corner, on the 2nd floor, how I know this? well the ladies come past the shop on their way to work, and it’s a little hard not to notice, when a woman is looking like she’s ready for a night out and it’s 9am, and besides we always chat as they come past. When you are as tattooed as I am, you learn not to be judgemental. So Bruce and I have to walk that way, on our way to “Deluxe” which happens to be the best coffee shop in the city, for our customary chat and, for me at least, only cup of coffee for the day and it’s not like anyone notices or cares about what goes on….. till yesterday…. As we were returning from Deluxe having a chat, minding our own, we round the corner of the building on our way to the shop, when we hear a pretty loud thud, about a meter away from us….lol the building on the 1st floor has a balcony, which we are under so it’s not like we were at any risk, but it still kind of startled us…. we look over and it’s a large blue vibrator,…lol Bruce and I were just speechless, we were kind of stuck there looking at “it” then one another, then back to it, completely dumb struck and then we just couldn’t hold it we started laughing…. Only in the city does shit like that happen….lol Now as I relay it, it sounds pretty fucked up, but you had to have been there…lol
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, besides all the visits by cool people and the weather taking a turn for the better. I did however finish the drawing for Ursula’s Phoenix back piece which I start today, she has booked me out for today and her man has booked saturday, as they are from Johannesburg, they’re making the most of the trip down.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg

There is a song by Bruce Springsteen from the album Nebraska

There is a song by Bruce Springsteen from the album Nebraska that goes like this My little sister's in the front seat with an ice cream cone My ma's in the backseat sittin' all alone As my pa steers her slow out of the lot for a test drive down Michigan Avenue Now my ma she fingers her wedding band And watches the salesman stare at my old man's hands He's tellin' us all 'bout the break he'd give us if he could but he just can't Well if I could I swear I know just what I'd do Now mister the day the lottery I win I ain't ever gonna ride in no used car again Now the neighbors come from near and far As we pull up in our brand new used car I wish he'd just hit the gas and let out a cry and tell 'em all they can kiss our asses goodbye My dad he sweats the same job from mornin' to mornin' Me I walk home on the same dirty streets where I was born Up the block I can hear my little sister in the front seat blowin' that horn The soun