Skip to main content

Taco day

Yesterday was Taco day! man I love those girls from Orinoco, they make seriously real soft taco's that are just so freaking awesome, every thursday I feel like I'm sitting with a good friend at a little Mexican place called Joanafina's on Ventura beach, some very good times. Oh and I have to mention Steve, he makes sausages... choriso's, salami, damn he's stuff is just fantastic. If you are ever in St Georges Mall up at the top where it meets the Company Gardens, on a thursday make sure you come to the food market, it's really worth popping in.

Tuesday night was comedy night and I had the good fortune to catch Welsh Comedian Rhod Gilbert, and for me he is without doubt one of the most hilarious stand ups I've seen. I had to include this clip about the luggage, it had me rolling around laughing my ass off, I'm still looking for it...lol 


I finished this cover up on Paul today the original was a type exercise that was miss quoted and really badly done, scaring the skin. Paul wanted some sort of "Day of the Dead" inspired piece, and I put the following together for him.


Cover ups alway tend to put a lot of pressure on the design and choice of style, but having an open mind to size, and enough patience, I think a hell of a lot can be achieved so that the old piece is just not there any longer. There are tricks like creating a focal point else where, but that's not always something that can be achieved, but I think this piece has achieved what a good cover up should do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italy comes to Town

If "Italy came to town" this weekend, then, it missed the bus. The Italian consulate should be ashamed at charging people to actually just be fed by the average restaurants in and around Cape Town. Seriously the music wasn't even Italian, one vendor actually spoke Italian. I get you want to spread Italian products to a wider audience, but this was disjointed, there were supposed to have been vendors, why am I paying to have Woolworths show their "Italian range" fuck off! Where are those Nonna's making fresh pasta, and great sauses, where is the Nonno with his amazing home grown tomatoes and home cured prosciutto? Security at the entrances was a joke and just stupid and rude, and I am not talking about the young women who manned the entrace, but the security, who could not help having to be pedantic assholes. If this is the face of Italy in SA, shame, just shame, what a waste.

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr...

From a Dark Place.

I was up at 03H30 tis morning, wanting to write something meaningful, something that may have left you with some sort of an impression through your day, all I got was cold and violated by mosquitos. One might say I am content as I am not angrily ranting about something I find offensive,that's what you get from an opinionated people watcher, but I have once again digressed and "content"...I don't understand the meaning of the word and if I did, I may even be content. Whatever it is I just don't feel it, then again I couldn't really say I am malcontent either, though I'm sure you might think so. It always reminds me of these lyrics "It's astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness takes its toll. But listen closely... Not for very much longer. I've got to keep control. I remember doing the time-warp" The clinging onto some sort of perceived life expectancy, and of course I don't mean time but content here, there is that ugly word again, CONT...