Skip to main content

Dohahahahahaa


I just spent some time in Italy, and I have some stuff to tell you about that, but that can wait for another time. What I will share is my flight..... I used to complain constantly about flying. I get claustrophobic, and I’m no great fan of flying at the very best of times, I tend to get a little anxious, perhaps I have just dwelled to long on the fact that you are in a tube a good couple of thousand meters above the earth and it’s a hell of a long way down. It freaks me out a little, not like I’m trying to get out the plane mid flight and have to be restrained kind of stuff, but just uncomfortable. This has always been exasperated by the airlines I flew like BA and SA Airways that always felt cramped. 2 years ago my travel agent suggested Qatar air, she said the planes were new, more spacious, and generally the service was great, and she has always managed to book me just enough time to make the connecting flight without feeling harassed. This time was no different but I did notice that a lot more people have cottoned on now and the flights that weren’t too full are now packed, but still it’s comfortable and for a man my size, that’s saying something. The flight was uneventful, as usual the take off makes me want to vomit, but we are soon on our way, and I settle in for the night, have dinner, watch a movie, snack on some stuff they bring around, and actually manage to even get an hour of sleep, I wake watch a movie, and before you know it they are serving breakfast and we are landing.
Its 6am in Doha, the doors open, and alls well as we make our way out, the moment you exit the plane, you are struck by the most pleasant heat and humidity and by the time you have gotten to the bus, you find yourself cursing at people in your way as you try get to the air conditioner, as you burst into flame and your body drenches you in sweat to protect you. It’s hot, not just any hot, HOT, and humid as all hell, you can’t see further than 50 meters thanks to the rising humidity and heat. Finally we are in the airport and I have 2 hours to kill in transit, not much at all, considering I spent 12 in Heathrow the year before so alls cool, just got to find a bathroom and freshen up, get rid of some excess and then find a seat somewhere till I leave.
This is when it all went to shit.

To be continued...

I have never been a great fan of Jimmy Vaughn, his brother Stevie Ray has always mine, and even though I like the "Fabulous Thunderbirds", I haven't ever really been into his stuff, but he has just released this CD
Jimmy Vaughn "Plays More Blues, Ballads & Favourites", its fantastic, Im loving every track, take a listen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg