Skip to main content

Cuz


On Sunday I was visited by my long lost cousin and his partner, it must be about 16 years since I saw him, he had moved to Holland and due to typical Italian family bullshit some how we didn’t have much contact. After all that time it was fantastic to see him and see the man he has grown into, from that little guy we used to tease when they visited. He was very close to my Mum, and it was great talking about those days, and huge family lunches, with all my uncles and my Grandparents. The was sometimes 15 to 18 people at the dining room table and the conversation like the food, just kept on till late into the afternoon. Through rose tinted glasses, those were the best of days.
He surprised me by asking me to tattoo him, something I never really thought he would get, I know my Uncle well, and so it did come as quiet a surprise but I never baulk at an opportunity to tattoo family, and piss the others off….lol I took enough condescending attitudes from some of my family, to really enjoy converting some of them one tattoo at a time

Please Take a moment to read the article I wrote for the magazine and let me know what you think.

What a beautiful Photo, posted just because

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo