Skip to main content

Post weekend,


It’s Wednesday and I need to do some writing, It’s been an eventful weekend as Nicci a good friend arrived from Johannesburg for the weekend so we could begin her partial cover-up back piece, a geisha that will use some of the previous tattoo as well as cover parts I don’t think work.
We started out Saturday with a quick spin into town to Mozart for breakfast then sat shooting the breeze with Carl at Deluxe Coffee, those guys are so funny, we were in hysterics, then of to the V&A, cause I spoiled myself with a Nespresso Machine, as endorsed by Mr George Clooney I might add… whatever….  but I needed more pods, or cartridges, they only give you 16 and I was half way through on day one, needles to say I had a few anxiety issues, but hey it’s a new toy and you just got to test the damn thing right???? Took a spin in the Ferris wheel they have, and I’m just not happy at heights, and besides the coffee anxiety the swinging gondola on the wheel was making me more than a little panicked.
And so after a great start to the morning we started the tattoo, which is going to be fantastic when complete, it’s not traditional at all, but draws on Oriental tattooing we still need to decide about the lower portion, but I think we have made a successful start.


Sunday started with a quick breakfast, greasy breakfast, but nice and a walk on the beach then of to the airport to drop Nicci, home, a quick tattoo, half an hour power nap on the couch and then a shoot for Mandy MissHapp…. Which is the first fashion shoot I have ever done, and with very little equipment, and I think the results are good. Nadine the model was great, easy going and a lot of fun.
Tuesday morning early Lana arrived and we began her Octopus Siren thigh piece, and then spent the rest of the day doing chores and drawing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo