Skip to main content

A while

It's a Sunday afternoon, I would say lazy, but most of my Sunday's aren't but today that's an exception. My mind however hasn't been, and though I know it's been a while and I've not written about what's been going on, but writing without thought I'm not going to do.
The first thing that comes to mind is just one of those things that gets to me as an old advertising Creative Director, I just saw the new Tsogo Sun ad... ACDC's thunderstruck as a soundtrack???? Really, I just don't get that, all these holiday shots and gorgeous pool shots and stuff, just doesn't hold together, it's just retarded, these images make me wanna go chill and the sound is making my heart race. Then it's followed by the new Engen commercial, and here the creatives used the same style with vignettes of people around the gas station and related shots and underpinned it with a Randy Newman classic "friends" it's perfect, you wanna go on a road trip and stop at the station just cause its so cool.
Yesterday, Liverpool beat Everton, to go into the FA Cup Final, whoohoo, it takes a brave man with a strong heart to support Liverpool FC as our lives are like the a stormy sea, great swells and heart breaking troughs, a season that started with so much promise sees us wallowing in mid table again with some terrible performances of late, but with the Carling Cup in the bag, and Chelsea to beat in the final, there is hope for the double.
So it's not a huge blog, and and nothing to exciting but hey that's how I'm doing right now.
One thing, two designs for ladies vests and men's T's these are available on order and are R200 excluding postage. if you're interested, send me a mail at milo@mrluckytattoos.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr...

Italy comes to Town

If "Italy came to town" this weekend, then, it missed the bus. The Italian consulate should be ashamed at charging people to actually just be fed by the average restaurants in and around Cape Town. Seriously the music wasn't even Italian, one vendor actually spoke Italian. I get you want to spread Italian products to a wider audience, but this was disjointed, there were supposed to have been vendors, why am I paying to have Woolworths show their "Italian range" fuck off! Where are those Nonna's making fresh pasta, and great sauses, where is the Nonno with his amazing home grown tomatoes and home cured prosciutto? Security at the entrances was a joke and just stupid and rude, and I am not talking about the young women who manned the entrace, but the security, who could not help having to be pedantic assholes. If this is the face of Italy in SA, shame, just shame, what a waste.

From a Dark Place.

I was up at 03H30 tis morning, wanting to write something meaningful, something that may have left you with some sort of an impression through your day, all I got was cold and violated by mosquitos. One might say I am content as I am not angrily ranting about something I find offensive,that's what you get from an opinionated people watcher, but I have once again digressed and "content"...I don't understand the meaning of the word and if I did, I may even be content. Whatever it is I just don't feel it, then again I couldn't really say I am malcontent either, though I'm sure you might think so. It always reminds me of these lyrics "It's astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness takes its toll. But listen closely... Not for very much longer. I've got to keep control. I remember doing the time-warp" The clinging onto some sort of perceived life expectancy, and of course I don't mean time but content here, there is that ugly word again, CONT...