Skip to main content

Reception intervention

Ok so you haven't seen a blog for some time, and that's cause I haven't had anything to vent about, that just changed.
I have this odd growth on my arm, thought it was a wart or something, so i tried freezing the thing off with nitrogen.... Nothing. So now I'm worried about this, and while chatting to a friend he says, dude get that seen to, I had something similar and it was malignant, so don't piss about. Damn I better get my shit together.
Today I call Milnerton Mediclinic, and they give me the number for the practise in the clinic, 2 dermatologists, so I call them, and after waiting 8.32 minutes for the phone to be answered, I ask the receptionist if anyone can see me as I'm really concerned about this thing. She says "sorry, we can only see you next year." So my response is, but what if this shits malignant? She in a rude tone is " well I'm sorry, but we can't help you" so I say to her well ok, but can you perhaps refer me to someone? to which the moron responds, "As far as I know all dermatologists are booked out till next year"
Really you fucked up ignorant , uninformed, arrogant twat, how come I just got an appointment with Dr Naidoo at Vincent Parlotti on Tuesday the 4th at 10am????
It took one call to another hospital, to get that appointment, I wonder if those dermatologists actually know the damage being done to their business by the receptionist? And it brings me to my gripe, besides the whole issue of Doctors and the Hippocratic Oath and all that shit, and that is reception, this is the face of any business, a friendly and helpful reception, will always be appreciated, and builds a great relationship with clients, but when you come up against the opposite..... well you have my experience. The cost to a business is huge, and businesses don't notice at their own peril, it took one call for me to find someone else, and I will certainly never recommend, in fact I'm doing the opposite of recommending by writing this blog. So to hell with those dermatologists at Milnerton Mediclinic, avoid them like the plague, go to Dr Naidoo at Vincent Parlotti.
And if you feel the same way about bad service, re-post this.

On to more fun stuff, here are a few pieces I been doing, hope you love them as much as I do.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo