Skip to main content

Anti Social Media....????

Love or hate social media, that’s completely up to you, but today and it’s early in the day so that’s not good, but here is my line in the sand. I am not going to go on about opinions and assholes again I have said it way to often, so here is my brain fart. I use social media to promote myself, and my studio, I don’t have a shop front, street studio, I have chosen another path and that is to build the kind of space I want to be in all the time, and then share that with my clients. So we work on an appointment based routine, which gives each artist time to spend with there client and design custom pieces for them. There are many pros and cons to this as you can well imagine, but the single most important thing is getting the message out there and as any small business will tell you this isn’t always easy. Client word of mouth has been our greatest allies, but social media has really catapulted this idea of mine and made it a viable venture.

Every morning I get up and “check the wires” my little old fashioned term for checking e-mails and social networks, but this morning I was just lambasted with stupid shit, seriously if you hate the social networks so much, do us all a favour and get the fuck off them. If you feel the need to tell the world to get constantly fucked by showing your middle finger, please, another favour, go get some help, you obviously have issues, but please stop putting them in our faces.


Remember this is social media, not anti-social media and if you have something hateful or nasty to say, you should have the courage to say it to their faces, same with being overly forward and sexual innuendo. It has become easy to sit behind a computer and lash out with garbage without consequence, in a proper social setting you wouldn’t behave this way, and if you did, you probably get a beating, or those men with those nice white jackets with the sleeves that tie behind your back come fetch you. I understand that people get bored, and look for distraction, or feel like the remoteness of a computer gives them the courage they normally lack, but think about the quality of what you put out there, it speaks volumes about you

These are some cover up pieces I did this week



Thank you to Bianca, Juley and Malissa for allowing me the opportunity to do these pieces.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo