Skip to main content

Outside

I was going through some pics on Facebook that my girl had uploaded to my page, and just looking at the comments, one just struck me. The photo is of me tattooing Ann Jangle’s thigh, the comment “Do you realise they are forever”?

My immediate reaction is, no asshole, we leap into permanent body beautification without any forethought, your generation have cornered the market on what is good and what is bad, and we are stupid mindless children, that without you stating the obvious we would never have thought it. I then calmed down, and started wondering why would someone feel the need to voice such a stupid opinion and put his name to it? It’s not like we want your golf and country clubs, your socialite gatherings where blowing wind up each others asses is the order of the day. So what is it? Is it fear of a world waking up to your narrow-minded views and not buying into them? Or is it just that your life has passed by like a speeding train governed by bullshit, convention and social standard. The truth is, it’s all the above and more, we are taking over the world, one tattoo at a time, and pretty soon you will know what it feels like to be an outsider…
And there you have it, you’re just an outsider, we have already taken over the world and we are rushing headlong into creating our own golf and country clubs, our own little cliques, creating our own social groups and doing very well at making people like you feel shut out, fuck we are so good at it we have even set up our own hierarchy of gods, demi-gods, canon fodder and bottom feeders, ensuring that the lessons of our huge egos are kept close to the heart and closing our hearts to being human.

The fact is we are all afraid, we all want to belong, we all hurt and we all need love, and being mean to one another only makes us mean, where as the opposite opens doors to new worlds. So to answer the question, yes, we do realise, and the decision was not made lightly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr...

Italy comes to Town

If "Italy came to town" this weekend, then, it missed the bus. The Italian consulate should be ashamed at charging people to actually just be fed by the average restaurants in and around Cape Town. Seriously the music wasn't even Italian, one vendor actually spoke Italian. I get you want to spread Italian products to a wider audience, but this was disjointed, there were supposed to have been vendors, why am I paying to have Woolworths show their "Italian range" fuck off! Where are those Nonna's making fresh pasta, and great sauses, where is the Nonno with his amazing home grown tomatoes and home cured prosciutto? Security at the entrances was a joke and just stupid and rude, and I am not talking about the young women who manned the entrace, but the security, who could not help having to be pedantic assholes. If this is the face of Italy in SA, shame, just shame, what a waste.

From a Dark Place.

I was up at 03H30 tis morning, wanting to write something meaningful, something that may have left you with some sort of an impression through your day, all I got was cold and violated by mosquitos. One might say I am content as I am not angrily ranting about something I find offensive,that's what you get from an opinionated people watcher, but I have once again digressed and "content"...I don't understand the meaning of the word and if I did, I may even be content. Whatever it is I just don't feel it, then again I couldn't really say I am malcontent either, though I'm sure you might think so. It always reminds me of these lyrics "It's astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness takes its toll. But listen closely... Not for very much longer. I've got to keep control. I remember doing the time-warp" The clinging onto some sort of perceived life expectancy, and of course I don't mean time but content here, there is that ugly word again, CONT...