Skip to main content

Left hand, right hand splat.

I know my posts are sporadic and I always apologise about it,  but hell  I been distracted and I don't want to bore you with shit.

Something has come up though and I want to say something about it. I have been a very keen motorcyclist most of my life, pretty much since I was 16 I have never not owned a motorcycle, I love them, and explaining really doesn't do it justice. I have raced super singles with my brothers and had fun in the dirt, sure we did some silly shit but we were never stupid and on the road you're expecting everyone else to be a stupid shit, and that brings me to my point. It is abundantly clear that you are vulnerable on a motorcycle, so to now pass vehicles on the left, is just so incredibly stupid that I am almost at a loss. You have to be a complete fuck tard to do that, and now that cycle lanes exist it certainly doesn't give you any protection let alone right to use it. All that's needed is someone to turn left or decide to park and you are fucked, and I mean proper fucked. The first rule of the road is keep left pass right... I saw a woman turn left off Albert rd this morning and run some clown and his scooter into the pavement, picking himself up he proceeded to scream at her, with one quick slap to his face she put paid to his shit, and he got off lightly, had it been someone not so sweet as the woman he may have ended up in critical care. There are some things in life you develop a healthy respect for, and one is that your shell is a lot softer and breakable than a large metal object like a motor vehicle.  I have often her bikers complain about not being seen by motorists, and sadly this is often true, but riding down the left of vehicles... well you're begging not to be seen and spending some time in hospital. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo