Skip to main content

HONDA XLR 250 STREET TRACKER "54 SPECIAL"


"The 54 Special" Is our second street tracker, and began it's life as a Honda xlr 250, officially not imported into the country so quite rare. The frame has was not altered in any way and can be put back to stock with minimum fuss. However we did make the the seat pan with side plates and tank filler panel by hand in Aluminum. This was my first attempt at doing my own metal shaping.


The front wheel is off a Yamaha XJ650 that we drilled out and polished, giving us a 19 inch up front, I drilled it out a little to give it a lighter look. Why a mag rim? well I think it looks cool and by keeping it polished silver, I think it draws even more attention to itself, which for me equals cool.


We imported the rear rim in a 19 inch rim and after having been let down by the local Haidenau supplier I brought in the Shinko flat track tire for it, hard compound, we are seeing how it lasts.
It was important for me that it ran 19inch front and rear as the Americans do, and I have to say besides a little pressure on the couch that will be resolved with performance springs, it is amazing to ride. I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun and nimble the bike is.


We took off the old light setup and clock and made a number plate, then mounter a led headlamp neatly tucked under it that we found at a local 4x4 supplier. The tail light is a strip led that has integrated indicators.


The tracker is completely road legal but ready to race it's for sale so drop us a line via e-mail if you are interested.
All Photos by Devin Paisley






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg